Headshot Damage

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Aikuza
Colossus Moderator

PostSubject: Headshot Damage   Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:39 pm

For those of you who dont know. Headshots do more damage O.o

Heres the info, note that is broken English from a KR>ENG translation:

"Determination of impact will vary remain. Of FPS 'Headshot' hurt by the ruling different parts of the body, like, over time the blade hit bitmatgoga whims even up to Galicia."

Yes, very broken. Though, the main understanding that you need to get is that if you hit a mob in the head than, say, the toe, itll do more damage.

Silly Derp.

PostSubject: Re: Headshot Damage   Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:04 pm

I thought that was the case BD bosses tend to fall down more often if I hit them in the head, lul.

Back to top Go down
Golden Dragon
Forum Munchie

PostSubject: Re: Headshot Damage   Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:39 am

I never tried it, but I just put my effort into finding the fastest combination to kill certain mobs.

Since I use Evy, i mix combinations of swinging, magic arrow, and smash attacks to find the "fastest" one.

I think it'd be too hard to "aim" for the head since I can't control how I swing. Sad
Back to top Go down
Aikuza
Colossus Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Headshot Damage   Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:22 am

If you switch your advanced controls to direct your attacks with WASD you can. The default is attack in the direction of the camera. However, actually headshotting, that requires body placement and knowing your attack animations XD

Skilled Mercenary

PostSubject: Re: Headshot Damage   Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:42 pm

Did a few tests on White Tyrant Challenge and also Merc. Training Grounds. Made sure to exclude any critical hits. I lined up the bars in photoshop and compared them. Headshots with attacks don't seem to make much of a difference. Spears have been proven to be affected though.

Image, because everyone likes them.

I'm not entirely sure which attacks were headshots or not, but Felix and I did pay attention to it for a while, and there's no noticeable difference (on White Tyrant's Challenge) between attempting to hit the head or not. The only times the damage changed considerably was on critical hits.

You can judge for yourself whether those are reliable, or test it yourself. Doesn't hurt to have more data.

I simply attacked the Wood Man Guard from behind for a normal hit and from the front when he gets on all fours for an attack for the headshots.
Back to top Go down
syncline
Silly Derp.

PostSubject: Re: Headshot Damage   Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:06 pm

Hmm, I think objects count too then, but I haven't tested it. I just find that when I aim for a boss' head (ie. when they bend down for an attack), they almost always fall down. It could be luck but iono.

Back to top Go down
LunateLights

PostSubject: Re: Headshot Damage   Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:09 pm

just to add another detail we remembered halfway through tyrant that wasnt mentioned yet:

Balance affects the damage range of weapons. We should expect to see a 25~30% fluctuation in damage due to balance alone (which is what we see in the SS's). I personally conclude that none of our attacks hit the head hitbox (which is unlikely, especially on tyrant), or that these increases are solely due to balance and NOT headshots.

more specifically:
If the damage increase due to headshots is consistent for all damage (Throwing spears and weapon attacks alike), then the damage difference seen in the screen shot--as well as all of the headshot weapon attacks during testing--is not due to headshots, but balance because these weapon headshot bonuses do not correlate with the bonus from throwing spear headshots.

IGNs:
FeIix - Lann
DoNotEnter - stEvie
Sonate - Fiona
MrCuddleCups - Karok
-
DN:
Valtz - Swordmaster
LardAss - Mercenary
Back to top Go down
LunateLights

PostSubject: Re: Headshot Damage   Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:12 pm

oh. anyone got any bosses with an easy to hit head--preferably one that protrudes from the rest of the body, such as the two tyrants--to conduct further tests on? even if its a small head, if the boss has an attack or animation that lowers its head to an easily attackable position, then please say so. a lot of the humanoid bosses will be difficult to test on, even when they lower their heads because their head will still be close to their arms, torsy, shoulders, w/e.

IGNs:
FeIix - Lann
DoNotEnter - stEvie
Sonate - Fiona
MrCuddleCups - Karok
-
DN:
Valtz - Swordmaster
LardAss - Mercenary
Back to top Go down
Arcantae
Skilled Mercenary

PostSubject: Re: Headshot Damage   Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:32 pm

ZOMG! That finally explains a strange phenomenon that occurs when I play my Fiona. She can hurl a 10 ton boulder at the bosses and not ground them...but sometimes a tiny rock that she can hold with 1-hand will fatigue them.

Generally when that happens, it looks and sounds like the said pebble hits the chest of the boss, bounces up and smacks them in the head, then crumbles. If it doesd NOT rebound from chest to face, the bosses continue on. But on the rare occasions where it does - Glitch?....or physics + head shot?!?

I'm bored at work, can you tell? Sad
Back to top Go down
LunateLights

PostSubject: Re: Headshot Damage   Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:36 pm

idk lul

IGNs:
FeIix - Lann
DoNotEnter - stEvie
Sonate - Fiona
MrCuddleCups - Karok
-
DN: