Vindictus' Colosseum

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

[Official Recruitment Suggestions] Update Apr 19

Go down 
AuthorMessage
syncline
Silly Derp.

PostSubject: [Official Recruitment Suggestions] Update Apr 19   Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:32 am

EDIT: Below is an updated version of the recruit, I cut out alot of the tldr.
I'd like to add some info based on the ingame updates, so any suggestions on that would be good.

We've been around since Closed Beta and we're always leisurely recruiting more as we see fit.
Registered Forum Members: 200+
Guild Members: 200+

RULES
♦ Treat everyone in the guild with respect and don't scream/shout over Ventrilo
♦ Racism will not be tolerated.
♦ English Proficient

REQUIREMENTS
♦ Age 15+
♦ Ventrilo (Recommended)
♦ Common Sense
♦ Active on the West Server
♦ Register on our forum and post an introduction!
♦ Level 35+ (Recommended)

What is Colossus?
A relaxed and friendly guild that can be competitive and focused when occasion calls. We've been a popular guild for a while, but we'd like to get a chance to start recruiting new members since we've improved so much from the past.

Why is this guild different from any other guild?
It's really up to the players to decide, but what we have in this community is a sensible player base and many special events that aren't present in a less active guild.

Guild Features?
Colossus Mule: A guild bank that holds various sets of donated equipment and materials for active forum members to borrow and use.
Complaint System: We have an effective complaints system in place, with this method we can avoid drama as much as possible, we strive to make this guild a comfortable place for all its members.
Guild Video List: Click here!

Events?
We encourage player made events as well as contests hosted by the mods.
Events we've had include:
♦ Hobo Competition ♦ Riddles Screencap Event ♦ Colossus Secret Santa ♦ Holiday Banner Contest ♦ Weekly Highscore Contests for various flash games ♦ Evie Leveling Race ♦ Halloween Screenshot Contest ♦ Crimson Token competition/giveaway ♦

How can I join?
♦ Register on the forums here and post a quick introduction thread.
♦ Send a join request through the guild list in game, include your forum name in your request.

Questions?
Ventrilo info: Here!
Feel free to get on ventrilo and ask any of the guild leaders/members.
Give us a shot!

Colossus Guild Leaders,

Hero (Retired)
Xioli
Syncline

old recruit:
Spoiler:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here you can post any suggestions about how to improve on the recruitment thread. All posts are looked at seriously, feel free to discuss and debate what might work out best. You can suggest additions/changes to the rules, requirements, description, basically anything you like.

We're aiming for a fair and reasonable atmosphere in terms of recruiting, while at the same time willing to speak out and moderate to maintain guild standards.

Last edited by syncline on Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:08 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Aikuza
Colossus Moderator

PostSubject: Re: [Official Recruitment Suggestions] Update Apr 19   Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:55 am

My suggestions, discuss if you like them or not.

Why is this guild any different from any other guild?

We are a guild that you can complain about the negative parts of it. Were open to people voicing their problems and how they feel. We dont like it when people feel uncomfortable. Our main priority is the comfort of our members so we can all have a fun and relaxed environment.

How can I join?

I think we should have people post an intro. It doesnt need to be anything extensive. It can be about themselves or their experience in VinD or just plain blahoobity ha ha. An intro thread is a bit more uniform which is unlike the chill Colossus. Though, when people post an intro theyre more involved and more likely to be an active community member rather than that dude who logs in sometimes lol

Otherwise, keep it chill. As Ive said before: keep it chill with recruitment, keep it professional when dealing with problem members. We should give everyone a shot at joining us. Though, if they make it an uncomfortable environment we should take a look at why and figure out if we should keep them or not. Its not about having the best quality members or anything, just a comfortable place to game.

Colossus God

PostSubject: Re: [Official Recruitment Suggestions] Update Apr 19   Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:12 am

Aikuza wrote:
My suggestions, discuss if you like them or not.

Why is this guild any different from any other guild?

We are a guild that you can complain about the negative parts of it. Were open to people voicing their problems and how they feel. We dont like it when people feel uncomfortable. Our main priority is the comfort of our members so we can all have a fun and relaxed environment.

How can I join?

I think we should have people post an intro. It doesnt need to be anything extensive. It can be about themselves or their experience in VinD or just plain blahoobity ha ha. An intro thread is a bit more uniform which is unlike the chill Colossus. Though, when people post an intro theyre more involved and more likely to be an active community member rather than that dude who logs in sometimes lol

Otherwise, keep it chill. As Ive said before: keep it chill with recruitment, keep it professional when dealing with problem members. We should give everyone a shot at joining us. Though, if they make it an uncomfortable environment we should take a look at why and figure out if we should keep them or not. Its not about having the best quality members or anything, just a comfortable place to game.

We'll look into that, the guild recruitment thread will be adjusted
from time to time to make it more valid and "to-the-point".

Once the guild video is made we'll post up the new recruitment
thread and then re-adjust our format and how it's written.

For more idea's we'll be more than happy to accept some
and don't be afraid to be creative :]

-Hero

PostSubject: Re: [Official Recruitment Suggestions] Update Apr 19   Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:43 pm

Heroic you killed this thread :c

For further clarification: I only stated my suggestions because Ive noticed quite a few people either avoiding interaction with the guild as well as some people being obnoxious to others. This is a simple way to allow Colossus to keep the chill recruitment and community but filter through the negatives. Im not saying we should implement a "WAHH HE MEAN" "Ok, I kick" I just mean a system to deal with the negative feelings that some members may/could have.

Silly Derp.

PostSubject: Re: [Official Recruitment Suggestions] Update Apr 19   Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:03 am

Isn't what you mentioned the complaint system? It's already in place, people just have to notice. o:

Back to top Go down
Aikuza
Colossus Moderator

PostSubject: Re: [Official Recruitment Suggestions] Update Apr 19   Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:53 pm

What I mentioned is to put into the recruitment thread that we are cool with complaints and will deal with them because we want a comfortable environment.
I know its in place, Im just saying we should mention it in some way in the recruit thread >.>

The other suggestion I had is that people should post an intro rather than just being in the guild without knowing anything about them.

I give up :c

Silly Derp.

PostSubject: Re: [Official Recruitment Suggestions] Update Apr 19   Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:20 pm

yus BD we'll put the complaints in one of the guild features!
and yuh the intro thing will be implemented for sure~

dun give up. xD

Back to top Go down
BrassHawk15
Global Moderator

PostSubject: Re: [Official Recruitment Suggestions] Update Apr 19   Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:03 pm

So has there been any plans to change the forum look? I remember Xioli saying the one we have now is temp but i haven't been on ventrilo for a while so I haven't heard any news about this. I'm not really suggesting anything atm but this felt to be the right place to ask the question.
Back to top Go down
syncline
Silly Derp.

PostSubject: Re: [Official Recruitment Suggestions] Update Apr 19   Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:31 pm

Oh I haven't heard about that! I guess if kyoko wants a new one later we can work on one, I don't mind. (:

Back to top Go down
waffles167
Mercenary

PostSubject: Re: [Official Recruitment Suggestions] Update Apr 19   Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:17 pm

Well, to prevent trolls and pests in the guild, we should maybe start having trials and maybe getting to know the people applying before we just let them into the guild
Back to top Go down
syncline
Silly Derp.

PostSubject: Re: [Official Recruitment Suggestions] Update Apr 19   Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:30 pm

We get them to register here and post and intro before we let them in. If they cause problems later they can get booted, etc etc.
I don't really feel like it would be efficient to have interviews for everyone new though, the traffic is too heavy. But we'll see right?

Back to top Go down
waffles167
Mercenary

PostSubject: Re: [Official Recruitment Suggestions] Update Apr 19   Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:45 pm

I didn't have to do any of that when i got in
Back to top Go down
syncline
Silly Derp.

PostSubject: Re: [Official Recruitment Suggestions] Update Apr 19   Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:06 pm

Kay I revised the recruit based on suggestions so lemme know if I should change anything.
I'm also thinking of removing some stuff cause it's getting a bit long, such as the how big our guild is section, since we already listed how many members we have.

Also, I want to link some videos, but we don't have a big serious guild run vid up yet, so we should do that in the near future.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Official Recruitment Suggestions] Update Apr 19   

Back to top Go down

[Official Recruitment Suggestions] Update Apr 19
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Colossus :: Support Section :: Suggestions-
Jump to: