View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Heroic
Colossus God

PostSubject: [News] Creative Player-Made Events!   Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:47 pm

Got an idea for a fun event?

Be creative! Talk about it with other members, or just pop out an idea
right here on this thread! I don't want to make repetitive events like
going out and farming with people that you may already play with.
We want our events to be fun, even if it's just a pointless and stupid event.

Everything counts so give it a shot and help us make this the
one hell of a season for Colossus!

Here's a small spoiler
of what we have for one of
our events during December.

Bum Event!

Spoiler:

Last edited by Heroic on Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Obsessive
Vindictus Moderator

PostSubject: Re: [News] Creative Player-Made Events!   Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:29 am

Lol sound like fun Very Happy

Mausoleum: Sword Lann-14
Back to top Go down
BrassHawk15
Global Moderator

PostSubject: Re: [News] Creative Player-Made Events!   Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:41 am

I loled when i read this. it's an awesome idea for an event.

Last edited by BrassHawk15 on Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:49 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
syncline
Silly Derp.

PostSubject: Re: [News] Creative Player-Made Events!   Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:45 am

I'll suggest a riddle contest, where a riddle is posted, and the answer is a certain dungeon. Whoever gets the most right wins. Or it could be one or two rounds, where you have to screencap something specific as the right answer. Such as a certain object in towns or the docks, or something in a dungeon.

Back to top Go down
Aikuza
Colossus Moderator

PostSubject: Re: [News] Creative Player-Made Events!   Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:17 am

Great idea Sync. I think the screencap of the answer is a much better idea. Having a certain dungeon as it is a bit limiting to the answers.
I can be of help for making some riddles.
Heres an easier one I just came up with:

From up above I point down at you.
Two arms below and you will know,
How I will make my debut.
Your friends may come to their ends,
But your enemies may come too.
What am I?
Spoiler:

Heres my idea:
A bunch of people pool onto a fishing boat. Everyone decides on an amount of money to put into a pot (10k would still be a large pot at the end) OR they decide on prizes for 1st 2nd 3rd or just 1st 2nd, whatever. When the FIRST wave of fish come everyone shoots out their line. Whoever catches the biggest fish in cm wins. OR whoever catches an item from a chest that has the most monetary value (from shop) wins.

You could also do both, like theres a 1st place fish price and then 1st, 2nd, 3rd place prize for largest monetary value from items from the chests.

Last edited by Aikuza on Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added riddle answer)
Back to top Go down
Heroic
Colossus God

PostSubject: Re: [News] Creative Player-Made Events!   Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:28 pm

Aikuza wrote:
Great idea Sync. I think the screencap of the answer is a much better idea. Having a certain dungeon as it is a bit limiting to the answers.
I can be of help for making some riddles.
Heres an easier one I just came up with:

From up above I point down at you.
Two arms below and you will know,
How I will make my debut.
Your friends may come to their ends,
But your enemies may come too.
What am I?

Heres my idea:
A bunch of people pool onto a fishing boat. Everyone decides on an amount of money to put into a pot (10k would still be a large pot at the end) OR they decide on prizes for 1st 2nd 3rd or just 1st 2nd, whatever. When the FIRST wave of fish come everyone shoots out their line. Whoever catches the biggest fish in cm wins. OR whoever catches an item from a chest that has the most monetary value (from shop) wins.

You could also do both, like theres a 1st place fish price and then 1st, 2nd, 3rd place prize for largest monetary value from items from the chests.

Good job Aikuza, these are great ideas that I'll be more than happy to add into our holiday events.
Thanks for the effort!

-Hero

PostSubject: Re: [News] Creative Player-Made Events!   Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:37 pm

To help spread the holiday cheer, we could just have the whole guild doing nice things for other random strangers and screen cap then be entered in a draw or something.
Back to top Go down
BrassHawk15
Global Moderator

PostSubject: Re: [News] Creative Player-Made Events!   Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:10 am

waffles167 wrote:
To help spread the holiday cheer, we could just have the whole guild doing nice things for other random strangers and screen cap then be entered in a draw or something.

That sounds really good. Smile
Back to top Go down
Aikuza
Colossus Moderator

PostSubject: Re: [News] Creative Player-Made Events!   Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:28 am

As long as there is motivation to do good deeds (for those who arent good people XD) then I think it could work. Itd be great PR too Very Happy

Global Moderator

PostSubject: Re: [News] Creative Player-Made Events!   Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:14 am

Yeah it would.
Back to top Go down
Arcantae
Skilled Mercenary

PostSubject: Re: [News] Creative Player-Made Events!   Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:46 am

Gnoll-Ball

Setting Up: You will need 4 players, a dead gnoll boss, a completed dungeon (i.e. no timer), and 2-4 objects to use as markers. Either divide into 2 groups of 2 or 4 groups of 1. Designate 1 object to serve as a marker per team, and spread the markers evenly around the dead corpse.

Playing the Game: All teams surround the gnoll corpse. Select one player to count down, and when the time starts, all teams start kicking the boss. (R button) The object of the game is to kick the boss towards your team's marker. Whoever gets the corpse there first, wins. No spells, special combos or attacks, or secondary weapons allowed. Kicking only.

Um....this is a joke really...but it might actually be fun, now that I'm thinking about it, hehe.
Back to top Go down
Xioli
Führer

PostSubject: Re: [News] Creative Player-Made Events!   Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:23 am

Arcantae wrote:
Gnoll-Ball

Setting Up: You will need 4 players, a dead gnoll boss, a completed dungeon (i.e. no timer), and 2-4 objects to use as markers. Either divide into 2 groups of 2 or 4 groups of 1. Designate 1 object to serve as a marker per team, and spread the markers evenly around the dead corpse.

Playing the Game: All teams surround the gnoll corpse. Select one player to count down, and when the time starts, all teams start kicking the boss. (R button) The object of the game is to kick the boss towards your team's marker. Whoever gets the corpse there first, wins. No spells, special combos or attacks, or secondary weapons allowed. Kicking only.

Um....this is a joke really...but it might actually be fun, now that I'm thinking about it, hehe.

youre a phucking genius
Back to top Go down
Jinyeon
Forum Munchie

PostSubject: Re: [News] Creative Player-Made Events!   Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:32 am

Arcantae wrote:
Gnoll-Ball

LOL +1! Marc and I did that while waiting for bosses in Counter-attack with a metal pot playing soccer hahaha. Hmm... that means we got some practice in for this event, YES!
Back to top Go down
syncline
Silly Derp.

PostSubject: Re: [News] Creative Player-Made Events!   Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:06 am

You, sir, has a great idea there. 8D This should be our 3rd holiday event!

Back to top Go down
Arcantae
Skilled Mercenary

PostSubject: Re: [News] Creative Player-Made Events!   Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:54 am

Muchos gracias, peeps. Jinyeon, that is how I came up with the idea. ^^ Me and a pug were bored while waiting in Counter-attack and started having a kick off with the left-over bosses.

Xioli...only on Thursdays Razz

Syncline, I'd be honored to organize the event if there are several guildies who will attend.
Back to top Go down
syncline
Silly Derp.

PostSubject: Re: [News] Creative Player-Made Events!   Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:20 am

This could be our event #4 then! You can make the thread if you'd like in our event section, roughly follow the format of events 2 and 3 if you're not sure what to include. (:
As for prizes, it's up to you to decide, you could also ask any mods for help on that if you want.

Back to top Go down
Limbo
Scrub

PostSubject: Re: [News] Creative Player-Made Events!   Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:05 pm

Well I had an idea for an event. It could be any day of the week, but for all intents and purposes I'm just going to call it a Friday Night Bash. This is something my CoD clan used to do years ago to haze in new players to our group but I figured the same idea could be applied to Vindictus.

So, let's say on a Friday, we try to get as many of our members online as we can (and hopefully getting plenty on Ventrilo) and we take a break from the serious grind of Vindictus and instead goof around taking silly screenshots and videos. We could probably even get a mass Colossus fishing boat going. We don't necessarily have to limit it to Vindictus either. If we're all on Vent, we could split up into different channels for different games as well. At some point during the event we could all pack the guild channel for door prizes and raffles.

If we were to use it as a "hazing" device we could pack one new member into parties of oldbies and go to dungeons and screw around that way.

Back when my old CoD clan was together I looked forward to our bashes every week. It was a good way to just relax after a hard week of work and enjoy the game for what it was; a game. :p

Anyways, ours doesn't have to be weekly. I was just thinking of one day to bring the entire guild together and really socialize and have fun. I don't even know if the idea could properly be applied to Vindictus seeing as how the gameplay is so linear but I thought I'd just throw a rough idea out there in case any one wanted to shape it around a bit. It sounds fun on paper at least. Although when pvp is applied I bet we could really get this idea going ^^
Back to top Go down
syncline
Silly Derp.

PostSubject: Re: [News] Creative Player-Made Events!   Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:08 pm

pvp night sounds amazingly fun, I hope we get that soon so we can do it. (:
I dunno if we can get enough people to check the forums enough to have a huge party bash, but it's definitely something to be considered for the future.

Back to top Go down
Obsessive
Vindictus Moderator

PostSubject: Re: [News] Creative Player-Made Events!   Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:07 am

Uhh maybe we can make an event to Go in with The Dragon Nest ones as well?
Like a lvling competition?
Post a pic of your character with the lvl cap the first 5 will recieve a first place prize the next 10 will recieve something less?

Mausoleum: Sword Lann-14
Back to top Go down
Arec
Desu

PostSubject: Re: [News] Creative Player-Made Events!   Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:46 pm

Tree Style Tournament
Back to top Go down
http://justin.tv/arecarws
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [News] Creative Player-Made Events!   

Back to top Go down

[News] Creative Player-Made Events!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1