Vindictus' Colosseum

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

Compilation of Little Class Specific Tips That Aren't Intuitive

Go down 
AuthorMessage
evanui
Skilled Mercenary

PostSubject: Compilation of Little Class Specific Tips That Aren't Intuitive   Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:04 am

as the long title states:

Fiona:
1. By using heavy stander, you can reduce delay after most attacks. An exception to this is the ivy sweep kick, on which there is no noticeable gain in time. Faster you get out of heavy stander, the better. This doesn't apply to hammers except for the sprint smash which is shared by both weapons.
2. The first hit in blossom does almost as much damage as the other two combined, bear this in mind, especially with low stamina.
3. Use the sprint smash like a dodge! Especially since our roll is useless. Ex. Dodging polar bear smash, using it for an extended jump off cliffs (this is second only to gliding fury!)
4. Ivy Sweep R9 is awesome for sending dead things flying.... and nothing else. Can utilize its more widespread hitbox, but the entire 3 hit smash is much slower and alternatively you can just take a few steps back and avoid being surrounded.

Evie:
1. Use the dodge to cancel a bit of delay on attacks. Can be used to cancel spells as well as item usage.
2. @Scythe: You aren't invulnerable until you start the blink, so mash that dodge key for dodging stuff!
3. @Scythe: Your finishes take less stamina when you use them standing still. True story.
4. @Staff: Don't use your heal for every little bit of hp your teammates lose. Opposed to using potions, you can be healed at any time; so it should be best used as an emergency skill to keep someone alive; not to replace their potions or to serve as an excuse to sit back and do nothing else but heal and firebolt.

Lann:
1. You have collision with Slip Dash. For large attacks, slip dashing towards it is generally a bad idea, as the boss will get stuck on you and the hitbox will facestomp you after your invulnerability frames disappear. Use it to cover any instance where the attack hitbox touches you as you slide to safety.

Edit: Almost forgot the most important one.

Fiona is smexier than Evie. True story.

Edit: Super cool, super useless tricks with skills that have a casting bar. IE. Fury Infusion, Magic Fire Mine.

You can start the casting and then start doing whatever the hell you want and once the casting completes, it will interrupt anything else to cast the spell.

Actual applications of this include, attacking and then immediately casting fury infusion, eagle talon and then magic fire mine (this is actually pretty useless other than making you look pro), blink and then magic fire mine (I think this is the only actual useful application of this trick).

Edit2: Doing eagle talon -> magic fire mine is different than with other applications of this trick. Instead of starting an action in the middle of the casting of magic fire mine, you do the following:
1. Sprint around for just a little bit.
2. Hold right click as soon as Evie takes her hand back to show the glowy eagle talon charge, release after about half a second to a second.
3. Hold right click again immediately.

Edit3: I want some credit for this! Took me forever to figure out the eagle talon-magic fire mine on a boat when Evies first came out. (Most of the time was spent going about experimenting with the wrong idea until I started spam clicking in frustration and succeeded a few more times, but that doesn't matter.)

Side note: Again, this thing is pretty useless. You cannot use this trick if you do not use it as soon as eagle talon charges, and you can't use it immediately because you need eagle talon to charge. Also, eagle talon is crappy; only the magic fire mine is nifty.

Last edited by evanui on Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:17 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
syncline
Silly Derp.

PostSubject: Re: Compilation of Little Class Specific Tips That Aren't Intuitive   Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:04 pm

Oh, very nice tips. (: Good job!

I agree with your first edit. XD

Back to top Go down
LunateLights

PostSubject: Re: Compilation of Little Class Specific Tips That Aren't Intuitive   Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:43 pm

nice; covered a lot of useful info. i feel as though i need to add more to lann though, so here goes~

Lann:

Sword--
Rank 9 needles shockwave is weak. It should only be used on normal mobs or when a boss is knocked down and your normal LLLLR smash did not crit (and even then, if the boss will stay down for a while longer, just start another 3-5 stab needle attack); in the event that the aforementioned smash DOES crit, use gliding fury (duh).

Thousand needles can be used from afar (varying with height of course). The attack has a wide lateral range ~45-90 degree to the sides. you dont have to point blank a boss to get in a 5x needle. Also, if you have "attack in the direction of the camera" enabled, you can change the direction of the needles mid-stab to align the smash or make adjustments due to boss movement or whatnot.

Slipdash starts upon activation. Don't know why i need to say this, but it did come up before.

Double crescent is quick to activate and has a fairly quick animation, but know your boss. when you connect with any attack, the animation slows down dramatically. never DC late into a bosses attack recovery / downtime.

LLLR (the spin) is your strongest smash unless you charge needles. (the 2nd hit is stronger than the 1st~)

LLLLR, although weak, requires no stamina.

Youre the 2nd most unkillable class in the game after reaching r7 / 8 slip dash, beaten only by a large shield fiona w/ rA fire (of course).

Spear--
LLLLR (hurricane), aside from the first spin, all following spins are weak. starting hurricane from afar and closing in is silly~

LLLR, like swords, has the strongest base damage of all your smashes (unless you sustain hurricane).

Spears,unlike swords, can cancel mid-smash into gliding fury. Swords must wait for their animations to finish.

Gliding fury spam > hurricane spam. Even if hurricane constantly crits. True story. lmao

Hurricane, although weak due to its long buildup buildup time for damage and stamina use, is excellent for moving behind small bosses and gliding (all of those hits will crit eventually~)

That fiona rule applies to spear lanns as well: The dash stab is a great alternative to the roll. It launches you forward instantly, is cheaper, and recovers quickly.

You don't have slip dash. Don't point blank bosses (duh). As a general rule for most bosses, keep a medium distance (not too far, not point blank) from a boss to allow ample evasion / recovery attack time.

You can run infinitely. Running can dodge most attacks better than anything~
why waste time rolling when you have already dodged something?

IGNs:
FeIix - Lann
DoNotEnter - stEvie
Sonate - Fiona
MrCuddleCups - Karok
-
DN:
Valtz - Swordmaster
LardAss - Mercenary
Back to top Go down
evanui
Skilled Mercenary

PostSubject: Re: Compilation of Little Class Specific Tips That Aren't Intuitive   Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:07 pm

Nice, didn't know you could change the attack direction of thousand needles with that option enabled. Also, I think scythe Evies are more 'unkillable'. You don't even have to try and you'll be able to get out of any situation with blink (though later on, there may be bosses who chain attacks with enough range to hit you in your blink recovery, but then again, blink IS a two-step dodge, so there's that too in the unlikely case blink fails)
Back to top Go down
BrassHawk15
Global Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Compilation of Little Class Specific Tips That Aren't Intuitive   Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:50 pm

*looks at the massive amount of text* is all these small details so important? isn't the whole point of playing vindictus is to have fun? i mean really. i don't see the point in knowing all this stuff. Razz
Back to top Go down
syncline
Silly Derp.

PostSubject: Re: Compilation of Little Class Specific Tips That Aren't Intuitive   Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:12 am

Haha for some people, small technicalities are what makes things fun for them, it really depends I guess. (:

Back to top Go down
BrassHawk15
Global Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Compilation of Little Class Specific Tips That Aren't Intuitive   Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:00 am

Yeah.. Razz
Back to top Go down
Heroic
Colossus God

PostSubject: Re: Compilation of Little Class Specific Tips That Aren't Intuitive   Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:29 am

Hey thanks for posting this up!

You can make a request for Colossus Points here!
Colossus Points Request

PostSubject: Re: Compilation of Little Class Specific Tips That Aren't Intuitive   Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:08 pm

nevermind! scratch that, made a mistake Surprised
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Compilation of Little Class Specific Tips That Aren't Intuitive   

Back to top Go down

Compilation of Little Class Specific Tips That Aren't Intuitive
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Colossus :: Vindictus :: Vindictus Information-
Jump to: