HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

Wave Style Swordsman

Go down 
AuthorMessage
DaKu
Battle Guard

PostSubject: Wave Style Swordsman    Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:40 pm

I got this guide from the forum a couple days ago.

http://dn.mmosite.com/guide/skillbuild/swardmaster100810.shtml
(The wave build is past the sword build)

Is this out of date? If anyone has played a wave style any advice would be really appreciated. I know that I would like to go moon lord in the future. Wave is the right path?

Also if you have a better guide or even tips on making my own let me know.
Back to top Go down
LastExile
Mercenary

PostSubject: Re: Wave Style Swordsman    Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:54 pm

wave is the right path for moonlord, and is the path i will take. i have made a guide for swordmaster if you would like to take a look at it. it is a guide i will stress that, not to be followed skill by skill.

i just find that a hybrid build is better than pure magic or physical. the guide tells you about elements as well, since swordmaster is heavily dark influenced.

http://mydragonnest.com/guides/warrior-sword-master-builds-guide/

hope this helps a little. also i'm sure theres other guides you can look at on the freedom guild forum section on mmosite.

here: http://forum.mmosite.com/thread/2/217/20110428/Collection_of_Skill_Build_Guide_Information-4db918c7b974a9613-1.html
Back to top Go down
DaKu
Battle Guard

PostSubject: Re: Wave Style Swordsman    Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:14 am

LastExile wrote:
wave is the right path for moonlord, and is the path i will take. i have made a guide for swordmaster if you would like to take a look at it. it is a guide i will stress that, not to be followed skill by skill.

i just find that a hybrid build is better than pure magic or physical. the guide tells you about elements as well, since swordmaster is heavily dark influenced.

http://mydragonnest.com/guides/warrior-sword-master-builds-guide/

hope this helps a little. also i'm sure theres other guides you can look at on the freedom guild forum section on mmosite.

here: http://forum.mmosite.com/thread/2/217/20110428/Collection_of_Skill_Build_Guide_Information-4db918c7b974a9613-1.html

Ahhh these links helped A LOT I understand what I am aiming for now. Thank you!

btw I found this build, after looking over it it seems to be the best guide to some what follow, tell me what you think.
http://forum.mmosite.com/thread/2/217/20110625/MAGHYBRID_SWORDMASTER_Moonlord_by_Carther_Asena-4e05c8a80b49a6813-1.html
Back to top Go down
LastExile
Mercenary

PostSubject: Re: Wave Style Swordsman    Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:59 pm

yea i agree its a good build Smile just keep in mind thats a level 50 build lol. whereas the guide i made is level 40 build Smile. so take the level of them into consideration. but i do really like carther and asena builds Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DaKu
Battle Guard

PostSubject: Re: Wave Style Swordsman    Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:09 pm

alright sweeet. Thanks for the tips and help Exile.
Back to top Go down
LastExile
Mercenary

PostSubject: Re: Wave Style Swordsman    Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:49 pm

hehe np Smile. oh and keep in mind i believe we get a skill reset at level 15 once we job advance that lasts a week so try out your skills any way you like. i doubt any skill resets later on will be that expensive, plus they give them out in events in korean version so i bet we would too. just experiment Smile
Back to top Go down
DaKu
Battle Guard

PostSubject: Re: Wave Style Swordsman    Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:04 pm

niiiice alright I will keep that in mind.
Back to top Go down
Crow
Battle Guard

PostSubject: Re: Wave Style Swordsman    Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:09 am

Hi! I did some reading around and from what I saw is that Hybrid Swordmaster is indeed the best way to go so far. By this I mean that since Phy is so easy to raise it can easily be inserted in a more Mag based build, and there are certain attacks like "Infinity Edge" I believe that make a big difference even with minimal stats in Phy. The reason people also get Mag I'd guess is for the needed range in a close combat based character especially when grinding in PvE, but even in PvP 1vs1 Phy based Swordmasters are quick and deal great damage, much better than the ranged pure Mag counterpart - so you're going to want best of both worlds for PvP and PvE.

Back to top Go down
LastExile
Mercenary

PostSubject: Re: Wave Style Swordsman    Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:22 am

agreed hybrid is the way to go, if you just go pure magic or physical your gonna be waiting for cooldowns and running around trying not to get hit while you wait. only problem is hybrids can't have infinity edge and great wave just like any other class can't have both ultimates.

reason why infinity edge is strong even with a low amount of physical attack is because its the strongest attack in the game.

and i have to disagree, physical swordmasters are not better unless they can connect with infinity edge. if they cannot then they can't take out magic based. magic swordmasters have smaller cooldowns than physical. physical have to close the gap and the only way to really do that well is line drive.

i do however have to agree to one aspect that physical is better, and that one reason is the combos. magic based cannot combo as well as physical but still that all depends if they can close the gap. physical swordmasters are beast however against other physical classes, have to get hemorrhage for mercenaries!

but overall, they are pretty well matched. really the only thing a moonlord is bad against is destroyer, and even then you could overcome that. we all gotta test out the strengths and weaknesses of each class with guild pvp fun matches, and get a feel for our own classes against all others. that way we know how best to combat each one.

final note lol: infinity edge owns if all strikes hit lol, if you have a lot of dark element attack your gonna do lots of damage with the last couple hits Razz
Back to top Go down
Crow
Battle Guard

PostSubject: Re: Wave Style Swordsman    Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:47 pm

Well then if a class is "move dependant" like you made it sound to be, then it wouldn't be A. Fun and B. Prolific, really. But that aside I guess it does end up being all about actual skills in the end, by that I mean being able to hit a fast moving target etc etc. Which I personally like, won't be a nub fest in PvP this way (I hope).

Speaking about nub fests, I saw the "Line Drive + Hacking Stance" (I think it was those two) Combo, where the guy just literally slashes you for 15mins straight, flinching the opponent to deaath... It was CHEAP. And I want to know if I can do it with an hybrid build lol (not that I like being cheap or anything...).

I read about Dungeons, all summed up they're all beatable with enough experience, so I'm not worried about them. Plus I'll have my trusty companion alongside me, and whatever I can't hit - he can (Archer).

I'm looking forward to wearing alot of Dark % Ele Attack Armor (I believe Apocalypse was the best one) so I should do as much damage as possible... Excited to start playing now, haha.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wave Style Swordsman    

Back to top Go down

Wave Style Swordsman
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Colossus :: Dragon Nest :: Class Discussion-
Jump to: