Share | 

[Event] Supporting Indie Developers

Go down 
AuthorMessage
MapleSyrup
Community Leader

PostSubject: [Event] Supporting Indie Developers   Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:37 pm

If you are in still Colossus when this game comes out:

Then post here to have a chance to win one copy of http://www.freebirdgames.com/to_the_moon and http://www.lulu.com/product/hardcover/pygmalion-in-space/16164417
Back to top Go down
TechniqueX
Desu

PostSubject: Re: [Event] Supporting Indie Developers   Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:21 pm

is that rmvx? i was doing a huge project on it but decided since i'm going to develop the story for an extremely long amount of time i'll wait and see which platform i can get my hands on by then if not i'll make a first version through that.
Back to top Go down
MapleSyrup
Community Leader

PostSubject: Re: [Event] Supporting Indie Developers   Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:02 pm

I lost track after RPG Maker 2003, but the only games I've played on it have been Terraworld and Melolune, so I wouldn't know. I have seen a lot of similar games that do not use RPG Maker, so I would not be surprised if it wasn't rmvx because the movement system is a lot easier to do than the spriting, and this game has good spriting (character/NPC/terrain graphics).

There were several points in my life where I was turned-off by 2D graphics. But every time I see a good horse-animation in a videogame I know that the game has attention to detail. And then I.. Whenever I visit the homepage I keep crying to myself over the storyline. It's... I won't make any conjectures about the plot but his dying-wish reminds me a LOT about my Mom.

Pygmalion in Space is by my favourite webcomic artist, Colby.
Not to be confused with my favourite manga artist (Mayshing) or my favourite artist (yuumei) or my favourite composer (ZUN). Good luck on your RPG project! Keep us posted with your updates when you get started!
Back to top Go down
TechniqueX
Desu

PostSubject: Re: [Event] Supporting Indie Developers   Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:15 pm

Ah, yea i love/hate 2d games but when they pay careful attention to the details there's this appealing factor you get. Regardless of the platform those are amazing sprites and the mapping quality looks well done. There's not many maps that hold such a high standard.

Judging from the map tiles i might be wrong and it's RMXP. Anyways that's a very appealing trailer
there aren't many 2d games that meet up to that quality especially those made by the public. Yea i know it may just be a hobby or something to pass the time but for those who continue to do the craft should definitely hone their skills. As someone who appreciates games like these it's disappointing to see such poor development all the time. I do also know that the people that do this alone don't have a team to help them most of the time. = = oh well i'm just critical.

The upcoming projects in those communities always fail to impress me. There are a few great rmvx games but back to the matter at hand. I've watched this trailer 3 times already while writing this post it's just such a great composition with the music, atmosphere and graphics. Amazing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Event] Supporting Indie Developers   

Back to top Go down

[Event] Supporting Indie Developers
Page 1 of 1