Share | 

Practice Schedule

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MapleSyrup
Community Leader

PostSubject: Practice Schedule   Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:00 am

TechniqueX wrote:
Just wanted to say again that it might be a good idea to have a section in the forums dedicated to posting about practices and what not.

MapleSyrup wrote:
I also want regular practices for team vs. team every day, which PvP members need to attend at least 1 or 2 hours per week. The reasoning is that for sports teams (soccer) you need to go to two or more practices a week.

Saturday
10 AM MST / noon EST - vacant
5 PM MST / 7 PM EST - vacant
7 PM MST / 9 PM EST - vacant

Sunday
10 AM MST / noon EST - vacant

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

The purpose of this forum section is to organize regular PvP Practice Schedules. This will be organized by whomever is willing to volunteer to lead a vacant slot and run 1-2 hours of lessons and combat. The focus is on teaching one basic skill to everyone, and then having 4v4s and 8v8s for the next hour. My goal is to create a daily practice schedule that will support competitive teams in their requirements for a daily practice.

This also lets officers find out who is inactive based on who has not attended any practices (suggested minimum: attend one practice per week). In the past few months we have been organizing various aspects of the guild in preparation for recruitment. My focus is to create an flow of structured endgame content that starts at level cap and extends towards becoming the #1 player on North American Draogn Nest. The other two branches of endgame content extend towards becoming the leader of the #1 guild on Dragon Nest (primarily achieved through improving your guild), and the third branch extending towards fulfilling social content (PvE Raids, Roleplay, PvP Livestreams, and Music Videos). Choose which of these goals you are most interested in and pursue it with all your time! I am required as a co-leader to make sure that each and every single one of these goals is accomplished. Because that is my definition of my original missions statement: To create an Epic PvP-Community.

If A Guild Gets Too Large:
Three scenarios:
1) Too many members join. The leadership is overwhelmed, newbies have nothing to do and they ragequit, causing the guild to disband.
2) Leaders become too controlling, limiting the actions of players. The guild becomes corrupt and the members ragequit, causing the guild to disband.
3) Members take on the duties of leadership, allowing the member-to-leader ratio to be perfect, and ensuring that power doesn't slip into a dictatorship.

Right now we are at the stage where we need to remember situation #3! WHY? Because this is a step towards becoming the #1 PvP-Community on the server. In July we were contacting experienced leaders to form inter-guild alliances and recruit veterans of CN/KR/JP DN and other competitive MMOs, and organized our cash prizes (Event Points) system. In August we organized our leadership structure and inter-guild bonds, increasing the prize pool by $250 every week until we are now at $1000:
$50 for future roleplaying
$50 for events organizers
$100 for future livestreaming
$150 for future tournaments
$250 for promotional videos
$400 distributed (Paypal/NX/Event Points from Event Point and Tournament prizes)

If you want next week's $250 to go elsewhere then organize an event! Last week Heroic wanted a promotional video and I put a budget towards that! This week players may want more tournaments! Will you host them?

Why do I bring this up? Because our guild getting too large is only one problem that we need to overcome! By the end of this week we'll have organized our recruitment and PvP structure, be putting the finishing-touches the promotional videos, and be prepared for recruiting from the public! There will no longer be a "hop on vent and say hello so I can send you a guild-invite". It will be structured, so that players won't be clueless upon joining. Then I can put a LOT of prize money towards tournaments to get our competitive PvP Teams organized and competing against other top PvP Teams. I list what we have already done in this guild because I want to put the Leaders-to-Members ratio IN CONTEXT with other issues such as organizing inter-guild networking, leadership, cash prizes, and our future issues:
- power struggles between PvP and PvE players
- drama between PvP Teams and rival guilds' PvP Teams
- inter-server competition
- trolls and gold sellers
- forming alliances with other guilds
- elitism
- Dark Lair runs
- fundraising
- etc.

Regarding the practice schedule, there should be a Mumble lesson on PvP skills, followed by a 1-hour scrimmage. Please post here to register as a leader for your time slot!

Example Lesson Themes:
- Please suggest any themes!
- Combo initiation
- Kiting warriors
- Offensive crowd-control (your team initiates)
- Defensive crowd-control (enemy team initiates)
- Synchronized combos (for videos)
- Map-awareness
- Hotkey rebinding
- Sound packs/mods
- Super Armor
- Cooldown times of all classes
- Dodging ranged attacks
- When to aerial evade
- Communicating with teammates
- How to get pugs to join a room
- Infinite combos

This is the stuff that real Starcraft coaches need to think about when giving lessons. If you ever want to be a paid gaming coach/[url=http://www.solomid.net/lessons.php]instructor/mentor then this is the stuff you should be learning to teach! Also remember that leading lessons and practices gives your personal hype, and improves our leader-to-member ratio to allow for member recruiting, a larger guild, and thus more hype for when professional foreign server players start knocking on the door of our Guild Applications.

Memo: Applicants must do a Minotaur Nest run with guildmates before joining Colossus. Please help them if you see applicants on Mumble.

TL;DR - I'm a perfectionist and need help getting this guild running smoothly.
Back to top Go down
Yuji
Skilled Mercenary

PostSubject: Re: Practice Schedule   Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:08 am

Quote :
- power struggles between PvP and PvE players

If people are having trouble with the pve aspect of the game, we could form a small pve division that will teach them how to pve more effectively + obtain "decent" gears.
Back to top Go down
iB3AST
Colossus Savage

PostSubject: Re: Practice Schedule   Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:19 am

wow what time are those converted to australian? o.o
Back to top Go down
Yuji
Skilled Mercenary

PostSubject: Re: Practice Schedule   Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:29 am

4.30 am for them is 8.30 pm for us.
So it's 2 am for us .... LOL 2 am ....

http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/usa/mountain-time/
Back to top Go down
Kryzer
Global Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Practice Schedule   Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:31 am

Maple, I can help you. Can you please contact me when you get the chance on Mumble. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
MapleSyrup
Community Leader

PostSubject: Re: Practice Schedule   Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:45 pm

Yuji wrote:
If people are having trouble with the pve aspect of the game, we could form a small pve division that will teach them how to pve more effectively + obtain "decent" gears.
Congratulations! You are in charge of teaching people how to get "decent" gears and where to farm. I can supply you with some stacks of crudes or event points.

LilMimi wrote:
wow what time are those converted to australian? o.o
9 AM and 11 AM in Sydney. Perhaps someone in Oceania (the guild) can host a time slot in the evening?

Kryzer wrote:
Maple, I can help you. Can you please contact me when you get the chance on Mumble. Thanks!
Sure thing!
Back to top Go down
Yuji
Skilled Mercenary

PostSubject: Re: Practice Schedule   Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:20 pm

Ah it's ok Very Happy I don't need anything ^_^ I'm pretty bored lately ... if anyone needs help just direct them at me ^_____^
Back to top Go down
Regretsz
Colossus Member

PostSubject: Re: Practice Schedule   Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:11 am

Oo
Back to top Go down
TechniqueX
Desu

PostSubject: Re: Practice Schedule   Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:55 pm

Once my hectic week is over in school I'll begin talking to kryzer and everyone to organize the pvp schedules.
Back to top Go down
Kryzer
Global Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Practice Schedule   Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:59 pm

Btw, what exactly are the times for PST. Anyone know?
Back to top Go down
TechniqueX
Desu

PostSubject: Re: Practice Schedule   Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:31 pm

3 hours before EST
Back to top Go down
Kryzer
Global Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Practice Schedule   Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:33 pm

TechniqueX wrote:
3 hours before EST

Lol well I knew that but I just wanted to sure cause if that was the case then the first practice is at 9 am for me lol. I don't think I'd be awake at that time. Hopefully we can get everything organized and rolling soon.
Back to top Go down
TechniqueX
Desu

PostSubject: Re: Practice Schedule   Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:36 pm

Yea i think that was just basic framework for making the time schedule cause those don't fit for me either lol.
Back to top Go down
MapleSyrup
Community Leader

PostSubject: Re: Practice Schedule   Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:15 pm

We will be using Friday - 5 PM MST / 7 PM EST for Group Tryouts for new recruits. And to evaluate at the end of their 1-week probation period. All other time slots will be unused until someone wishes to schedule them, and I will include them in the announcements for the BUMPed threads on Nexon forums.

@LilMimi: Ok, keep thinking-up great ideas for your events!!

Last edited by MapleSyrup on Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
iB3AST
Colossus Savage

PostSubject: Re: Practice Schedule   Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:36 am

I can create around 4-5 events per month(gold prizes) for guild to keep it active Very Happy

Events pts - up to you Very Happy Just another thing to help the Guild get better and larger Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Practice Schedule   

Back to top Go down

Practice Schedule
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1